building a life of joy and strength

Sunday, February 9, 2014

6, 7, 8 (plus) and 9 of 29 faces - and snow!

Hello, and Happy Sunday night!  I have been drawing all week, but got behind on my pictures and postings.  Maybe I was distracted by the beautiful snow.  Almost a foot of snow arrived in the valley this weekend.  Guess the groundhog was right about winter sticking around a little longer.  Anyway, let's catch up now.

For face number 6, we have a Valentine Princess.  This one is colored pencils on drawing/sketch paper and is approx 8x10 inches.  With her big bright eyes and HEARTy outfit, she's sweet enough to give you cavities.  ;)


Face number 7 is a mixed media piece.  Soluble crayons, acrylic, ballpoint and graphite pencil on a manilla file folder.  I've added some fun duct tape on the folding edge and "grabby" area on the side. I'll go back and finish decorating or maybe just taping the rest of the folder to make it really sturdy, add a spray sealer over the painting, and have a fun little functional item to add color to my desk.



Yesterday morning, I decided to have a little spontaneous playtime with the water soluble markers.  (They happen to be Tombow.)  I created four ATCs (playing card size art) using the markers, a brush with clear water, and a tiny bit of black liner pen.  Love the results that come from never being exactly sure how the ink will react. The happy pop of color from the markers always makes me happy. I'm going to call this grouping my 8th(plus) entry for the 29 faces challenge since they are small, quick pieces completed at the same time.


Rounding out the group and bringing us up to date, a little pencil sketch I call "Weekend's Over."





4 comments:

  1. Super cute Valentine Princess - love the hair! The four marker ATCs are so charming and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little princess' eyes. Very expressive :)
    And the 4 small pieces made with the Tombows are SO cute!
    Perhaps I should try this technique...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I so understand the feeling in the last one :)

    Just FYI, the 29 faces labels are missing on some of your more recent posts!

    ReplyDelete