building a life of joy and strength

Saturday, February 1, 2014

New Blog and the First of 29 Faces in February

Hello, and Happy February!

I used to keep a blog, but wasn't very consistent with it and it withered up like a daisy in the desert.  Poor little bloggy.  Still, hope springs eternal and I have decided to give it another go!

I'm also doing the 29 faces challenge!  My hope is that creating and posting art to share daily this month will get me into the blogging habit.  So, here is my first entry for the challenge.  



The pose was loosely based on a photo of my daughter, but I did not take time to try to capture an actual likeness.  I worked with ballpoint pen to get the basic lines and a bit of shading, then did a quick color treatment with watercolor pencils.

Technically, I can see several problems, the one that really grabs my attention is the proportion and angle of the eyelids.  But overall, I'm pleased with the outcome on this quick portrait.

11 comments:

  1. What a gentle, sweet expression you captured. i look forward to the other 28. :) You do know there's only 28 days in February this year, right? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cheeka my love! Thanks for the kind comment. Now I know why I'm always running behind. I'm missing that extra day each year! I mean that would be like 30 extra days in my lifetime.... I could do something with that! :)
      Hugs to YOU!

      Delete
  2. That's really nice and a different side to your talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the angle you chose. Very unusual and difficult. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello my sweet, ive been missing you! that is a spectacular face, WOW, she looks so proud, hope you are well, I miss you tons, we should schedule a play date

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I would LOVE to have a play date! I've been missing you, too!

      Delete
  5. I love her - she has a very kind face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks wonderful with the downward glance. A lovely portrait!

    Welcome to blogland - again! :)

    ReplyDelete